ReviewsNo reviews yet
El Chorro White Water Rafting
Adventurous visitors to Manuel Antonio should not miss the chance to overcome "El Chorro", a high degree whitewater rafting trip featuring class IV rapids.
“El Chorro” offers a class IV whitewater rafting trip on the upper section of the Naranjo River. A 45-minute drive will bring you to the put in point, where after detailed safety instructions and practice time you will begin your adventure.
This rafting trip is known as a dry season Class IV, increasing to Class V and frequently unnavigable during rainy season.
You need to be in tip top shape for this strenuous yet rewarding journey through a narrow gorge.
“El Chorro” loosely translates to “jet gorge”, due to the way the powerful water propels the raft.
Apart from the gorge, you will navigate through drops, and steep rapids and your guide will assist in maneuvering through the challenging boulders and bends.
Don’t forget to admire the lush forest around you between rapids, this river borders the Manuel Antonio National Park. Take a breather and enjoy some hydration and snacks before heading back to your hotel.
- Tour operates January to May due to weather conditions.
- Maximum weight is 230lbs. (105 kg.)
- Admire the lush forest .
- Opportunity to see monkeys, toucans, egrets, iguanas and more.
- Specialized bilingual guide
Prepare for the activity
What to Bring
- Sunglasses with retainer cord
- Change of clothes
- Bathing suit
- Waterproof camera
- Beach towel
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds